pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Uhl <juergenu...@gmx.de>
Subject Font problem
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 10:20:10 GMT
I'm having problems writing a pdf document from elements of a previously
read document. Everything works fine, except when I call showText on a
PDPageContentStream where I previously set the font with
"out.setFont(textState.getFont(), textState.getFontSize())" (see the
INFORMATION log) and the font is ComicSansMS or ArialBlack. "textState"
is (a clone from) the state from the previously read document. Writing
text with Helvetica or Times-Roman works fine.

INFORMATION: set font PDTrueTypeFont RXNQOL+ComicSansMS,Bold/18.0 embedded
SEVERE: error writing <w>U+0077 is not available in this font's
encoding: built-in (TTF)

I suppose the problem may be caused by a missing hyphen or blank in the
font name but have no clue how to fix this.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Juergen