pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Yoav Tsoref <yoav...@intango.com>
Subject Re: Unable to Set a String containing New Line Character into PDFBox PDTextField Object
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2016 13:46:31 GMT
Hi,
I placed the PDF template at:
 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B__NK1_B6ccjVXgxekNLLUxKMzMyS0c5LTBEOVVVYUJhVk04/view?usp=sharing
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B__NK1_B6ccjVXgxekNLLUxKMzMyS0c5LTBEOVVVYUJhVk04/view?usp=sharing>
(in this shared folder
<https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B__NK1_B6ccjUXRSZVdpSEkyYzg&usp=sharing>
)

You are right regarding the \n of course, this is my mistake. But I am not
generating the \n character in the String, it is generated correctly ("\n")
because it is generated from the keyboard (from the user input).
I tried with \n and \r. "\r" throws an exception that the  ('controlLF') is
missing.

Thanks,
Yoav

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Gilad Denneboom <gilad.denneboom@gmail.com>
wrote:

> The new-line character is "\n", not "/n"... And maybe it will work with
> "\r", instead.
>
> On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 3:14 PM, Maruan Sahyoun <sahyoun@fileaffairs.de>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > > Am 11.08.2016 um 14:56 schrieb Yoav Tsoref <yoav.ts@intango.com>:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am using PDFBox version 2.0.1 to dynamically update the fields of an
> > > existing PDF document. When I'm trying to fill one of the fields with a
> > > String that contains New Line character the following exception is
> > thrown:
> > >
> > > java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: U+000D ('controlCR') is not
> > available
> > > in this font's encoding: StandardEncoding with differences
> > > at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType1Font.encode(
> > PDType1Font.java:345)
> > > at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDFont.encode(PDFont.java:286)
> > > at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDFont.getStringWidth(
> PDFont.java:315)
> > > at
> > > org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PlainText$
> > Paragraph.getLines(PlainText.java:169)
> > > at
> > > org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PlainTextFormatter.format(
> > PlainTextFormatter.java:182)
> > > at
> > > org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.AppearanceGeneratorHelper.
> > insertGeneratedAppearance(AppearanceGeneratorHelper.java:373)
> > > at
> > > org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.AppearanceGeneratorHelper.
> > setAppearanceContent(AppearanceGeneratorHelper.java:237)
> > > at
> > > org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.AppearanceGeneratorHelper.
> > setAppearanceValue(AppearanceGeneratorHelper.java:144)
> > > at
> > > org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDTextField.
> > constructAppearances(PDTextField.java:263)
> > > at
> > > org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.
> PDTerminalField.applyChange(
> > PDTerminalField.java:225)
> > > at
> > > org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.form.PDTextField.
> > setValue(PDTextField.java:218)
> > > at
> > > com.myadwise.db.dao.FinancialTransactionMgr.createInvoice(
> > FinancialTransactionMgr.java:525)
> > >
> > > The API call that I'm using to insert the string into the field is:
> > >
> > > PDDocument pdfDocument = PDDocument.load(<PATH_TO_TEMPLATE_PDF_FILE);
> > //PDF
> > > file was created as a template using Adobe DC
> > >
> > > PDAcroForm acroForm = pdfDocument.getDocumentCatalog().getAcroForm();
> > >
> > > acroForm.getField("invoice.to.address").setValue(billingAddress)
> >
> > could you upload a sample form to a public location?
> >
> > BR
> > Maruan
> >

> > > The last line is the one that throws the exception if the
> billingAddress
> [...]

<http://intango.com/>

*Yoav Tsoref**R&D Projects Manager*
T: +972.3.533.0760 | M: +972.54.227.7208
E: yoav.ts@intango.com | Skype: yoav.ts
www.intango.com
<https://www.facebook.com/Intango-855010531283314>
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/intango>