pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: embedded fonts an subsets
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 16:40:05 GMT
Am 03.08.2016 um 09:03 schrieb Croe.David:
> thank you for fast reply,
>
>> This won't work due to different length / positions. PDF isn't HTML where positioning
is done depending on the browser size and where you can easily insert a text into a paragraph.
> yes I know. I've to collect all Tj and TJ calculate positions and so on, of course not
easy at all.
> but how to load the same font ? for example text would be rendered with font F1 .
> to load a font I need the corresponding filename. All I can extract is a font name (and
family?) which doesn't have any informations which font file should be loaded again.
> How to fill the gap between font name and concrete font file names ? even if it should
work on windows and unix/linux (Ubuntu) , or did i miss something?

But you told that you are creating the files yourself, so you'd know in
advance what fonts this is about. If not, then you'd need to make
yourself a table with names and os font file names.

Tilman

> best regards,
>   david

the idea to reload the complete font
>> and use that instead.
>>> Alternatively, just append a content stream that puts what you need at a specific
place.
>> the problem is, how to load the same font as used in the given text ?
> The new font would get another name, e.g. F4 instead of F3, so this
> wouldn't be a problem. A problem would be if you want to change / set a
> word into an existing paragraph.
>

> Tilman
>

>> best regards,
>> david

not all characters. How to fix that ? is it possible to reload the font and embed it fully
, but how to know which font name correlates to which font file ? In ms office there seems
to be no option to force to embed full fonts.
>> You'll get another problem: the codes for the characters will usually not be the
ones you'd expect. I.e. it could be that a = 1, t = 2, x = 3.

>> The better solution is to use acroform for that. But I don't know if word can generate
acroforms.

>> Alternatively, just append a content stream that puts what you need at a specific
place.

>> Tilman

>> [https://www.inside-online.de/mail/footer/anbieter_des_jahres.jpg]<http://www.inside-online.de/de/pressemeldungen-news/anbieter-des-jahres-2016.html?utm_source=Signatur&utm_medium=E-Mail&utm_campaign=Signatur-Anbieter-des-Jahres>
>> Danke an unsere Kunden für die Wahl zum Anbieter des Jahres 2016!
>> Kontaktieren Sie uns hier<http://www.inside-online.de/de/kontaktieren.html?utm_source=Signatur&utm_medium=E-Mail&utm_campaign=Signatur-Anbieter-des-Jahres>
und erfahren Sie, warum uns unsere Kunden