pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From John Hewson <j...@jahewson.com>
Subject Re: embedded fonts an subsets
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 18:37:38 GMT

> On 1 Aug 2016, at 03:39, Croe.David <croe.david@inside-online.de> wrote:
>
> hi,
> i would like to use a pdf as a template in which certain variables will be replaced.
> If I create a template pdf via powerpoint or word and export it, it
> only exports a pdf file with an embedded subset font.
> This subset seems to contain only the characters already in the document and not all
characters. How to fix that ? is it possible to reload the font and embed it fully , but how
to know which font name correlates to which font file ? In ms office there seems to be no
option to force to embed full fonts.

There’s a setting in MS Word called "Embed only the characters used in the document”,
which is used to enable subsetting of fonts. I assume it’s turned on for you. Here’s a
guide which mentions in (see page 2):

http://www.sheridan.com/sites/default/files/generating_pdf_from_ms_word_041713.pdf

— John

> Any idea ?
>
> best regards,
> david

> [https://www.inside-online.de/mail/footer/anbieter_des_jahres.jpg]<http://www.inside-online.de/de/pressemeldungen-news/anbieter-des-jahres-2016.html?utm_source=Signatur&utm_medium=E-Mail&utm_campaign=Signatur-Anbieter-des-Jahres>
> Danke an unsere Kunden für die Wahl zum Anbieter des Jahres 2016!
> Kontaktieren Sie uns hier<http://www.inside-online.de/de/kontaktieren.html?utm_source=Signatur&utm_medium=E-Mail&utm_campaign=Signatur-Anbieter-des-Jahres>
und erfahren Sie, warum uns unsere Kunden