pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Davide Zoni <Davide.Z...@Cedacri.it>
Subject RE: Check for scripts in a PDF
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2016 07:35:35 GMT
Yes, i'm seeking to detect files with scripts. Not static. I don't undestand what do you mean
with "Maybe compare
with the preflight source code to check that you didn't miss something", can you elaborate
on that?

Thank you.

        Davide

Da: Tilman Hausherr [THausherr@t-online.de]
Inviato: martedì 23 agosto 2016 8.34
A: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Oggetto: Re: Check for scripts in a PDF

Am 22.08.2016 um 15:14 schrieb Davide Zoni:
> Hallo everybody,
>
> i'm using PDFbox to check if a PDF file contains malicious scripts. I'm using the PDF/A-1a
validation to check the file. Since i'm searching only for potential damaging code and not
for a true PDF/A-1a standard accompliance, is it enough to consider 1.x.x, 6.x.x and 7.x.x
errors as "true" errors? Below category description:

> Category        Description
> 1[.y[.z]]       Syntax Error
> 2[.y[.z]]       Graphic Error
> 3[.y[.z]]       Font Error
> 4[.y[.z]]       Transparency Error
> 5[.y[.z]]       Annotation Error
> 6[.y[.z]]       Action Error
> 7[.y[.z]]       Metadata Error

Unclear what you're asking. Are you seeking to detect files with
javascript? If so, I'd rather build something something from scratch,
i.e. read the PDF specification and see where JS is used. Maybe compare
with the preflight source code to check that you didn't miss something.

Tilman

Il contenuto e le informazioni di questo messaggio di posta elettronica sono riservate, confidenziali
e non vincolanti nè impegnative per Cedacri s.p.a., ne è vietata pertanto la diffusione
o divulgazione in qualunque modo eseguita. Qualora Lei non fosse la persona a cui il presente
messaggio è destinato La invitiamo ad eliminarlo e a non leggerlo, dandocene gentilmente
comunicazione. The content, informations and any attachments of this e-mail are classified,
confidential and not binding neither impegnative for Cedacri S.P.A., the spread or spreading
in any executed way is prohibited therefore. If you are not named recipient, please notify
the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for any
purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium.