pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Extracting non-form checkboxe values
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 17:24:11 GMT
Am 24.08.2016 um 18:22 schrieb Conlin, Joshua [USA]:
> Hello,
>

> I am trying to extract checkbox values from a document where the acro form is null.
I have seen several previous inquiries to this scenario but haven't found a definitive answer.
 I was wondering if there is a suggested approach?

Maybe XFA?

Tilman

> Alternatively, Is there a way to extract a subsection of a PDF and create an image from
that.  To be clear I am not talking about extracting an image, but creating an image from
a rectangle or similar area within  a page?  In this maybe naive approach I could extract
the checkbox location as an image and determine if it is checked or not.  Any help or insight
you could provide would be appreciated.