pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Ishan Pandya <i_y_pan...@yahoo.co.in.INVALID>
Subject Need help with setCanExtractContent method
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2016 12:07:00 GMT
Hi All Devs,
We are using PDFBox for evaluation purpose and are testing encryption / decryption functionality
of yours. We have observed a scenario when encrypting a document that even when setting the
setCanExtractContent() to true, the copy command does not show up in acrobat readers. But
when I open the PDF using owner password, the copy command shows up properly.
The scenario means, if I allow the user who has user password to allow setCanExtractContent
to true, he should be able to copy the content via PDF Reader applications like Abrobat Reader.
Please find below sample code of the scenario:
AccessPermission ap = new AccessPermission();ap.setCanExtractContent(permissions.Copy);
StandardProtectionPolicy spp = new StandardProtectionPolicy(ownerPassword, userPassword);spp.setEncryptionKeyLength(keyLength);spp.setPreferAES(preferAES);spp.setPermissions(ap);doc.protect(spp);doc.save(outputFile);doc.close();
Can someone guide me with this scenario if I am doing anything wrong or so.
Thanks in advance. Your help is much appriciated.
 Regards,
Ishan Pandya