pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Petras Petkus" <petras.pet...@mitsoft.lt>
Subject RE: PDFBox 2.1.0
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2016 14:06:29 GMT
Thank you, Maruan, for response. I asked because just recently I finished
migration of our tool to PDFBox v2.0. It required some adaptation work, as
in some places we dealt with PDFBox internals to implement what we need
(like signing multiple files, PDF/A-2 & 3 validation, etc.).  Therefore was
curious what would await us with v2.1 :).

Petras

-----Original Message-----
From: Maruan Sahyoun [mailto:sahyoun@fileaffairs.de]
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2016 4:35 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: PDFBox 2.1.0

Hi,

> Am 24.08.2016 um 13:51 schrieb Petras Petkus <petras.petkus@mitsoft.lt>:
>
> Hello,
>
> I noticed that current PDFBox trunk has version 2.1.0, while v2.0.x
> version is in separate branch. I'm curious what are main changes of v2.1
from v2.0?
> What is its status? Maybe I can read it about it?

2.0.x is a patch release in the 2.0 series of PDFBox with no new
functionality where 2.1.x includes new functions or behaviour compared to
2.0.x. In order to understand what will go into 2.1.x or is (currently)
planned for 2.1.x you can have a look at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX/fixforversion/12328837/?selecte
dTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:version-summary-panel which
lists the issues which are included in 2.1.x

There is also a roadmap view which lists all branches we are working on
together with the issues targeted for inclusion
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira
.jira-projects-plugin:roadmap-panel

Is there something specific you are looking for?

BR
Maruan