pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Lehmkuehler <andr...@lehmi.de>
Subject Re: Problem reading PDF with Type1 font
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 17:49:47 GMT
Am 13.07.2016 um 11:16 schrieb Thomas Letsch:
> Hi John,
>
> I am really sorry, but I spoke with my colleges and we may not give out
> even the fonts.
I'm just curious. Helvetica is a common font which comes with every OS. Did you
buy some special version of a Helvetica font?

Maybe you could shed some light to this issue by posting the relevant piece of
the font. Search for the keyword "Encoding" in the readable part of the font in
question using the PDFDebugger. Post the following piece of font code, so that
we might see if it is malformed or not ...

> I could try and debug it on my machine if there are some hints about
> what to check.
Start with one of the topmost lines of the stack trace of the exception and add
a breakpoint in Type1Parser#readEncoding