pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Visible Signature with text
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2016 16:54:01 GMT
Am 29.07.2016 um 15:36 schrieb Diego Azevedo:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm trying to add a visible signature to a pdf document -> So far, no
> problems
> But I've seen documents that add a text layer above the visible
> signature that shows some of the signature details, such as location,
> reason, date, the validity of the signature (and that's updated if,
> for example, you trust a root certificate). I'd like to add these
> features, but I didn't find any example on the SVN directory.
>
> The closest I got was this stackoverflow question
> <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27926407/visual-signature-with-pdfbox-1-8-8>,

> but that did not work for me (I changed the methods signatures to the
> updated API, but all I got was a blank rectangle).

The text layer isn't supported, or rather, there is no example for it.

What you could do is to post your source code and upload the result PDF
somewhere, I'll see if I can find something.

Btw a known problem is signing rotated pages (there's an SO issue about
that too), so make sure your page isn't.

Tilman