pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From John Hewson <j...@jahewson.com>
Subject Re: Problem reading PDF with Type1 font
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 23:17:58 GMT

> On 13 Jul 2016, at 02:16, Thomas Letsch <contact@thomas-letsch.de> wrote:
>
> Hi John,
>
> I am really sorry, but I spoke with my colleges and we may not give out
> even the fonts.
>
> I could try and debug it on my machine if there are some hints about
> what to check.

Launch with a debugger attached and when the exception is thrown, find
the ”parseASCII" method in the call stack and save the "bytes” array to a .txt
file. This contains only the ASCII portion of the font, which you can easily read
by eye and see that it contains no sensitive information. Once you’ve confirmed
that, send us the .txt file.

— John