pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Encrypt pd file
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2016 20:36:21 GMT
Khaled, can you confirm that this was the cause?

I remember something similar not long ago, either here or on
stackoverflow. Some user had an empty owner password, and wondered why
he/she had all the rights after opening the file.

I'd like to get feedback, because maybe we should change the javadoc or
the code itself.

Tilman

Am 22.07.2016 um 21:29 schrieb Marc Kaufman:
> You probably encrypted the file with a user password, but left the owner password as
NULL. You should set the owner password to be the same as the user password when only one
password is needed.

> PDF Viewers other than Adobe's will open a file with a NULL password in either location.

it and send it by mail to the employee.
> For the encryption part I used the JAR file (PDFBox 1.8.12) that I downloaded from your
website. I created SAP ABAP programme to call the JAR file. The testing were fine, the files
were encrypted successfully and we were able to enter PWD when opening the files.
> We have a problem with the EE using iPhone and iPad, when they tried to open the file
they were not asked to enter a password, the file was opened automatically.
> Please do you have an idea how to fix this issue.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>

> [cid:image002.jpg@01D1E429.FE68AD00]
>
> Khaled HASSEN
> SAP HR consultant
>
> T 514 906-7767 x 734
> C 438 936-5696
> khaled.hassen@in-rgy.com<mailto:khaled.hassen@in-rgy.com>
>
> 474 Rue McGill - suite 333        T 1-855-906-7767
> Montréal (Québec) H2Y 2H2     F 1-514-906-7677
>
> [cid:image001.jpg@01D1E42C.9CBC38D0][cid:image007.png@01D1E42C.9CBC38D0]
>

> Ce courrier électronique et les fichiers qui y sont annexés peuvent renfermer des renseignements
privilégiés et confidentiels à l'intention exclusive du destinataire. Si vous n'êtes pas
le destinataire, vous n'êtes pas autorisée) à utiliser, à copier ou à divulguer à un
tiers le contenu de ce courrier électronique ni des fichiers joints. Si vous avez reçu ce
courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez en aviser l'expéditeur immédiatement par courrier
électronique et détruire ce message ainsi que les fichiers en annexes.

> This electronic mail message, and any attachments, may contain privileged or confidential
information, intended only for the use of the addressee. If you are not the addressee, you
may not use, copy or disclose to a third party the content of this message or its attachments.
If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us immediately by email and destroy
this message, along with all attachments.