pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Letsch <cont...@thomas-letsch.de>
Subject Re: Problem reading PDF with Type1 font
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 07:10:46 GMT
Hi John,

ok, got most of it. Saving the whole bytes doesn't seem to be easy in
intellij, but I could save the first 300 bytes and apparently we got the
error on pos=223.

Attached also screenshots from the debugger. If you need more, just tell me.

Thanks for your help,
Thomas

The first bytes in the buffer:

0 = 37
1 = 33
2 = 70
6 = 84
10 = 49
11 = 45
12 = 49
13 = 46
14 = 48
15 = 58
16 = 32
17 = 65
18 = 82
19 = 84
20 = 87
21 = 65
22 = 66
23 = 43
24 = 72
31 = 99
32 = 97
33 = 32
34 = 49
35 = 46
36 = 48
37 = 10
38 = 49
39 = 48
40 = 32
43 = 99
45 = 32
46 = 98
51 = 10
52 = 47
53 = 70
57 = 78
58 = 97
61 = 32
62 = 47
63 = 65
64 = 82
65 = 84
66 = 87
67 = 65
68 = 66
69 = 43
70 = 72
77 = 99
78 = 97
79 = 32
83 = 10
84 = 47
85 = 80
86 = 97
90 = 84
94 = 32
95 = 48
96 = 32
100 = 10
101 = 47
102 = 70
103 = 111
104 = 110
105 = 116
106 = 84
107 = 121
108 = 112
109 = 101
110 = 32
111 = 49
112 = 32
113 = 100
114 = 101
115 = 102
116 = 10
117 = 47
118 = 70
119 = 111
120 = 110
121 = 116
122 = 77
123 = 97
124 = 116
125 = 114
126 = 105
127 = 120
128 = 32
129 = 91
130 = 48
131 = 46
132 = 48
133 = 48
134 = 49
135 = 32
136 = 48
137 = 32
138 = 48
139 = 32
140 = 48
141 = 46
142 = 48
143 = 48
144 = 49
145 = 32
146 = 48
147 = 32
148 = 48
149 = 93
150 = 32
151 = 114
152 = 101
153 = 97
154 = 100
155 = 111
156 = 110
157 = 108
158 = 121
159 = 32
160 = 100
161 = 101
162 = 102
163 = 10
164 = 47
165 = 70
166 = 111
167 = 110
168 = 116
169 = 66
170 = 66
171 = 111
172 = 120
173 = 32
174 = 91
175 = 48
176 = 32
177 = 45
178 = 50
179 = 50
180 = 49
181 = 32
182 = 57
183 = 51
184 = 50
185 = 32
186 = 56
187 = 56
188 = 54
189 = 93
190 = 32
191 = 114
192 = 101
193 = 97
194 = 100
195 = 111
196 = 110
197 = 108
198 = 121
199 = 32
200 = 100
201 = 101
202 = 102
203 = 10
204 = 47
205 = 69
206 = 110
207 = 99
208 = 111
209 = 100
210 = 105
211 = 110
212 = 103
213 = 32
214 = 91
215 = 47
216 = 46
217 = 110
218 = 111
219 = 116
220 = 100
221 = 101
222 = 102
223 = 32
224 = 47
225 = 46
226 = 110
227 = 111
228 = 116
229 = 100
230 = 101
231 = 102
232 = 32
233 = 47
234 = 46
235 = 110
236 = 111
237 = 116
238 = 100
239 = 101
240 = 102
241 = 32
242 = 47
243 = 46
244 = 110
245 = 111
246 = 116
247 = 100
248 = 101
249 = 102
250 = 32
251 = 47
252 = 46
253 = 110
254 = 111
255 = 116
256 = 100
257 = 101
258 = 102
259 = 32
260 = 47
261 = 46
262 = 110
263 = 111
264 = 116
265 = 100
266 = 101
267 = 102
268 = 32
269 = 47
270 = 46
271 = 110
272 = 111
273 = 116
274 = 100
275 = 101
276 = 102
277 = 32
278 = 47
279 = 46
280 = 110
281 = 111
282 = 116
283 = 100
284 = 101
285 = 102
286 = 10
287 = 47
288 = 46
289 = 110
290 = 111
291 = 116
292 = 100
293 = 101
294 = 102
295 = 32
296 = 47
297 = 46
298 = 110
299 = 111

Am 14.07.2016 um 01:17 schrieb John Hewson:
>> On 13 Jul 2016, at 02:16, Thomas Letsch <contact@thomas-letsch.de> wrote:
>>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> I am really sorry, but I spoke with my colleges and we may not give out
>> even the fonts.
>>
>> I could try and debug it on my machine if there are some hints about
>> what to check.
> Launch with a debugger attached and when the exception is thrown, find
> the ”parseASCII" method in the call stack and save the "bytes” array to a .txt
> file. This contains only the ASCII portion of the font, which you can easily read
> by eye and see that it contains no sensitive information. Once you’ve confirmed
> that, send us the .txt file.
>
> — John
>
>> Thanks for your help,
>> Thomas
>>
>> Am 13.07.2016 um 04:44 schrieb John Hewson:
>>> You are right, probably me being too strict. Its called ARTWAB+Helvetica.
>>> That’s a subset. So we’re going to need that actual font file. You can extract
it from the PDF
>>> using our GUI-baed PDFDebugger . Navigate to the page in question, and find the
Font