pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: ExtractImage TIFF
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2016 17:27:14 GMT
Am 05.07.2016 um 19:19 schrieb Thad Humphries:
> Please anyone, chime in and correct me if necessary, but you may also need
> com.sun.media:jai-codec:1.1.3 from
> https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/repositories/thirdparty-releases

I never needed it. Only jai_imageio.jar.

> Where I am using jai-imageio for TIFFs, I'm also using the jai-codec.
>
> Since JAI has been pretty much orphaned, I'm been moving to Apache Commons
> Imaging to read and decompress TIFFs. I know that Commons Imaging is not
> complete, but so far it handles what I've needed. (However I've not yet
> seen how it works when I chain its output image to PDFBox's input.)

That project is sortof dormant, sadly. I like twelvemonkeys. Parts are
already being used in PDFBox, and the project is active, and the main
guys are great.

Tilman

> On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Gordon,
>>
>> You need to add the file to the classpath and make your call differently.
>> Here's what I do:
>>
>> copy all extra jar files to a lib subdirectory
>>
>> the call:
>>
>> java -Dsun.java2d.cmm=sun.java2d.cmm.kcms.KcmsServiceProvider -cp
>> "pdfbox-app-2.0.2.jar;lib/*" org.apache.pdfbox.tools.PDFBox ExtractImages
>> Maxfield.pdf
>>

>> the "-D...." is for JDK8 and higher only. If you don't do it, PDFBox might
>> run slow.
>>
>> @Maruan: I wonder if we should explain this somehow somewhere.
>>
>> Tilman
>>

>> Am 05.07.2016 um 18:32 schrieb Gordon Schneider:
>>
>>> Thad
>>>
>>> Thanks for that. I have downloaded the file into my server. But I am
>>> still having problems. I am not a java programmer. I use java standalone
>>> binaries like PDFBox as a tool to help with specific projects. I have used
>>> it for quite a while to Extract Text. We take the text files and process
>>> the data within with great success.
>>>
>>> In this case I am trying to extract the TIFF image.
>>>
>>> Currently I am trying to get it to work on my PC and not the server.
>>>
>>> My java directory has the following files:
>>>
>>> Directory of C:\java

>>> 2016-07-05  10:27 AM    <DIR>          ..
>>> 2016-06-30  07:44 AM         1,140,632 jai-imageio-1.1.jar
>>> 2016-06-16  12:55 PM            44,035 Maxfield.pdf