pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From David Hill <DH...@StudentLoan.org>
Subject upgrading to 2.x - package private class PDFieldFactory?
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2016 13:09:30 GMT

I am upgrading a project from 1.8.6 to the 2.0.2 version of PDFBox and everything went reasonably
well except that we made use of PDFieldFactory

PDField destField = PDFieldFactory.createField

Everything in PDFieldFactory used to be public but now it is all package private.

I tried to copy the code for that method into our project and found that all of the various
PDField objects being created were also package private.

It looks like the code we have came from overriding and copying PDFMergerUtility.appendDocument
to fix an apparent bug. PDFMergerUtility.appendDocument makes a call to PDFieldFactory.createField.

I could continue to force my way around this issue but I have to wonder if this was intentional.

Dave

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail
in error please notify the originator of the message. This footer also confirms that this
e-mail message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses. Any views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifies and
with authority, states them to be the views of Iowa Student Loan.