pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From John Hewson <j...@jahewson.com>
Subject Re: Bolding, enhancing fonts when converting to image.
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2016 15:29:17 GMT

> On 28 Jun 2016, at 08:36, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> I realize my answer from yesterday was possibly wrong, because a bold font may have different
metrics (glyph sizes) than his non-bold counterpart. That would have to be checked first.

> Now if all files come from the same sources and have the same structure, you could go
through the font resources and change names like AAAAAD+DejaVuSans to AAAAAD+DejaVuSans-Bold.
 Very dirty.

You could but I suspect that bold fonts too are going to still suffer from rendering problems
at low DPI.

-- John