pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Ankit Agarwal <ankyizh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PDFRendering
Date Mon, 27 Jun 2016 16:47:56 GMT
Hi, Thanks for the reply.
I am using  32 bit jvm and 1.5 gb of heap size.
Still I was getting out of memory error when i was rendering pdf with
multiple pages.
When i introduced system.gc call after each page (which is not ideal and
bad programming choice) , then the pages were being rendered without an
error.
So I think that the bufferedImage from previous page wasn't being cleared
and the next page was loaded( but in my code the image object is flushed
before another use so this shouldn't happen).Anyways system.gc() solved
this for now.
But as we know we cannot be sure that system.gc() will call the garbage
colelctor as the final decision lies with the jvm. So I guess, I'll just
have to try my luck here and continue with the code.
Thanks