pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Remove page background
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2016 06:26:09 GMT
Am 22.06.2016 um 00:05 schrieb Robert Van Gemert:
> Files exported from android google slides would work for me.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/ncnjt8tlgzasb6f/slide_test.pdf?dl=0

Strategy 1:
use the command line utilities, run WriteDecodedDoc, then use an editor
and overwrite this part with blanks:

/Image3
Do

The file is huge now, sadly.

Strategy 2:

In the source code download, in the examples, there's a program
RemoveAllText.java. That one shows how to work with the content stream:

                     for (Object token : tokens)
                     {
                         if( token instanceof Operator)
                         {
                             Operator op = (Operator)token;
                             if( op.getName().equals( "TJ") ||
op.getName().equals( "Tj" ))
                             {
                                 //remove the one argument to this operator
                                 newTokens.remove( newTokens.size() -1 );
                                 continue;
                             }
                         }
                         newTokens.add( token );
                     }

Now you don't want to remove "TJ", you want to remove "Do". I just
tested this, it works for your file. (But it might now work with files
that have a different structure).

Tilman