pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Sending the PDF document silently to a pre-defined printer
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2016 14:30:53 GMT
Am 18.06.2016 um 13:59 schrieb Ranjith Kodikara:

>   Hi,
> I use PDFBox for a long time in my system. What I do is downloading the PDF file through
the URL and printing it. I print using the silentPrint() method. It goes to the default printer.
> The requirement is to send the print to a pre-defined printer. Every client machine should
have  the printer named "Receipt_Printer" added to it with  the exact name and the OS is windows.
The program is to be modified to send the  "Receipt" pdf document to "Receipt_Printer" and
other PDF's to default printer (with silentPrint() method).
> Anyone knows how it can be sent to the "Receipt_Printer" bypassing default printer. I
can offer the user to selectt the printer and proceed, but the requirement is to print invisibly
to "Receipt_Printer" without offering the user to select the printer.
> If anybody can help it'll be great.(or may be for commercial, we are ok)
> thanks,Ranjith

Would this help?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4177531/force-target-printer-in-java