pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Strange file problem with CCITTFactory.createFromFile with tiff files with 'FillOrder=2'
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2016 15:58:17 GMT
If you have a windows machine, you could create CCITT Group 3 files
compressed TIFF files with IrfanView. I assume that there are similar
tools for your OS too.

re: rotation, maybe this is this tag:
http://www.awaresystems.be/imaging/tiff/tifftags/orientation.html

we ignore it. Maybe we should bring an error message.

Tilman

Am 22.06.2016 um 17:48 schrieb Stahle, Patrick:
> Hi Tilman,
>
> That is what I would like to do. Unfortunately so far all the files I have that exhibit
this behavior are proprietary.
> We are also running into the same problem that generates ' CCITT Group 3' , and a few
others that create a PDF but the PDF imbedded images rotation is all messed up.

> I need to confirm I am not seeing this same issue across the board and isn't some strange
personal environmental issue I have....

> As soon as I can find a Tiff that exhibits this behavior that I have permission to send
I will...

> Thanks,
> Patrick

229K Jun 22 10:32 ENG_CR_1418637-DBAG_A5.tif'
>> File listing after above command has run-             '-rwxrwxr-x. 1 us083485 us083485
230K Jun 22 10:42 ENG_CR_1418637-DBAG_A5.tif'

>> Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?
> That would be terrible if we'd be at fault, but here's the source code:
>
>       public static PDImageXObject createFromFile(PDDocument document, File file, int
number)
>               throws IOException
>       {
>           return createFromRandomAccessImpl(document, new RandomAccessFile(file, "r"),
number);
>       }
>
>       public RandomAccessFile(File file, String mode) throws FileNotFoundException
>       {
>           ras = new java.io.RandomAccessFile(file, mode);
>       }
>
> so the file is opened for reading only.
>
> It would be interesting to have a look what's in your file. Please create a copy and
then compare it with a good hex editor.