pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Stahle, Patrick" <patrick.sta...@te.com>
Subject RE: Strange file problem with CCITTFactory.createFromFile with tiff files with 'FillOrder=2'
Date Wed, 22 Jun 2016 15:48:35 GMT
Hi Tilman,

That is what I would like to do. Unfortunately so far all the files I have that exhibit this
behavior are proprietary.
We are also running into the same problem that generates ' CCITT Group 3' , and a few others
that create a PDF but the PDF imbedded images rotation is all messed up.

I need to confirm I am not seeing this same issue across the board and isn't some strange
personal environmental issue I have....

As soon as I can find a Tiff that exhibits this behavior that I have permission to send I
will...

Thanks,
Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:THausherr@t-online.de]
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2016 11:39 AM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: Strange file problem with CCITTFactory.createFromFile with tiff files with 'FillOrder=2'

Am 22.06.2016 um 17:03 schrieb Stahle, Patrick:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using the latest PDFBox 2.0.2 version.
>
> When I attempt to convert a Tiff file that so happens to have 'FillOrder=2' with the
following command:
> DImageXObject ximage = CCITTFactory.createFromFile(document, tiffIn,
> pdfPageNum);
>
> It throws the Exception:
>                  'FillOrder 2 is not supported'
>
> Which I may not like, but I understand why that is the case.
>
> But I am also seeing the source tiff file is also getting corrupted and is no longer
good tiff file.

> As an example:
>
> File listing before command above run -               '-rwxrwxr-x. 1 us083485 us083485
229K Jun 22 10:32 ENG_CR_1418637-DBAG_A5.tif'
> File listing after above command has run-             '-rwxrwxr-x. 1 us083485 us083485
230K Jun 22 10:42 ENG_CR_1418637-DBAG_A5.tif'

> Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

That would be terrible if we'd be at fault, but here's the source code:

     public static PDImageXObject createFromFile(PDDocument document, File file, int number)
             throws IOException
     {
         return createFromRandomAccessImpl(document, new RandomAccessFile(file, "r"), number);
     }

     public RandomAccessFile(File file, String mode) throws FileNotFoundException
     {
         ras = new java.io.RandomAccessFile(file, mode);
     }

so the file is opened for reading only.

It would be interesting to have a look what's in your file. Please create a copy and then
compare it with a good hex editor.

Tilman