pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Wojack, Robert (USTP)" <Robert.Woj...@usdoj.gov>
Subject How to set interactive form field to be decimal only?
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 15:56:58 GMT
We have a client that provides us with interactive PDF forms for our app to populate fields
with user data. The problem is the client sometimes provides us forms with typos and mistakes
and is not responsive about fixing them.

In this case, we are given an interactive PDF form that has many currency fields. Some fields
have their format property set such that they only accept decimal values, and other have no
formatting.

I have found methods that seem to retrieve the formatting or describe the number formatting
(such as PDNumberFormatDictionary), but nothing that seems to say, "make this a decimal only
field".
Given that I know which fields require this formatting, is it possible to set this via PDFBox?
If so, can someone please provide some guidance?
We are using PDFBox 1.8.11. We are not positioned to upgrade to 2.0.0.

Thanks

Bob Wojack
CSRA International, Inc.
Onsite Contractor for the Department of Justice
Senior Tech Lead
US Trustee Program
Onsite Email Address:     Robert.Wojack@usdoj.gov<mailto:Robert.Wojack@usdoj.gov>
Onsite Phone Number:    TBD
Cell#:                              (301)910-9975