pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Suppressing layers on output
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2016 16:09:36 GMT
I'd be interested in this, but not as an extension, rather as a change
in the trunk. Our two main java competitors both can do it.

I'd prefer that the PDFRenderer and PageDrawer remain as they are, but
that the PDFRenderer gets a new setter for the map, e.g. setOCG() or
setOCGMap(). This map would then be passed in PageDrawerParameters. Btw
shouldn't we put into the map what we want to keep? Is there a good
argument to do it one way or the other? Do we have to care about the
hierarchy?

The IDs are in the PDF... open a file with the PDFDebugger-App and
you'll see :-)

There is a file with OCGs at PDFBox
reactor\pdfbox\target\test-output\ocg-generation.pdf

Other files with layers:
- gs-bugzilla689931.pdf
- gs-bugzilla693548-STACKOVERFLOW.pdf
- gs-bugzilla692933.pdf
- many maps at http://ims.er.usgs.gov/images/USTopo/ (the huge files)

So if you're willing to change your code accordingly, please open an
issue in JIRA, and attach your code as a patch / diff.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX

Tilman