pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: unmappable character for encoding Cp1252
Date Fri, 06 May 2016 14:40:20 GMT
What PDFBox version are you using? Hopefully 2.0

Which line and which character brings this error?

Try also using the  LiberationSans-Regular file from the source code
download.

Tilman

Am 06.05.2016 um 16:35 schrieb Macamba:
> Ah, now I see it. Do not use the download link as in "Links to HEAD:  (view) (download)
(annotate)". You'll get gibberish, but if you use the view you'll get the "English русский
язык Tiếng Việt" text.

> My venerable VI clone on Windows cannot work with that text.
>
> If I run the right code in Eclipse, however, I get:
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No glyph for U+1EBF in
font LiberationSans-Regular
> 	at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDCIDFontType2.encode(PDCIDFontType2.java:411)
> 	at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType0Font.encode(PDType0Font.java:351)
> 	at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDFont.encode(PDFont.java:286)
> 	at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDPageContentStream.showText(PDPageContentStream.java:411)
> 	at org.apache.pdfbox.examples.pdmodel.EmbeddedFonts.main(EmbeddedFonts.java:53)
>
> Thanks for the input.

Tiếng Việt");

>>                                         ^
>>
>> src\org\apache\pdfbox\examples\pdmodel\EmbeddedFonts.java:63: error: unmappable character
for encoding Cp1252

>>           stream.showText("English ÐÇÐâÐ?Ð?ð║ð©ð╣ Ð?ðÀÐïð║
Tiếng Việt");

>>                                           ^
>>
>> src\org\apache\pdfbox\examples\pdmodel\EmbeddedFonts.java:63: error: unmappable character
for encoding Cp1252

>>           stream.showText("English ÐÇÐâÐ?Ð?ð║ð©ð╣ Ð?ðÀÐïð║
Tiếng Việt");

>>                                                    ^
>>
>> 3 errors
>>
>> Error: Could not find or load main class src.org.apche.pdfbox.examples.pdmodel.EmbeddedFonts
>>

>> Location: https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/pdfbox/trunk/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/examples/pdmodel/EmbeddedFonts.java?view=log
>>

>> Line 63 in the code reads:
>>
>>           stream.showText("English русский язык
Tiếng Việt");