pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Weird spacing in words
Date Tue, 31 May 2016 16:23:00 GMT
Please upload the file somewhere. If you've used PDFDebugger before,
have a look here:
and then look at your content stream whether it is the same problem.

Tilman

Am 31.05.2016 um 15:22 schrieb Augusto Ribeiro Silva:
> Hi all,
>
> I am using PDFBox java library to read the content of some PDFs and it seems like it
inserts some weird (hyphen-like) spacing. I get the same result using the PDFBox-App command
line util.

> The es tab lish ment of an in te grated Part ner Re la tion ship Man age ment (PRM) sys
tem can po ten tially ad dress sev eral as pets

> I tried to extract text from the same PDF using the pdftotext command line utility it
extracts the text correctly:
> The establishment of an integrated Partner Relationship Management (PRM) system can potentially
address several aspects

> Does somebody have any idea why PDFBox behaves in this way and any tips to fixing it?
I am using TIKA but as I understood TIKA uses PDFBox for PDF processing underneath.