pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Ivan Ridao Freitas <i...@ivanrf.com>
Subject Re: Draw Graphics in a PDF
Date Tue, 10 May 2016 18:35:45 GMT
Thanks for your reply! it made me realize that I can write a
CanvasProvider to draw a barcode and its as easy as draw rectangles and
text on a PDPageContentStream. :)

Ivan
On 10/5/2016 2:40 p. m., John Hewson wrote:
>> Currently, I'm using Barcode4J which generates an SVG, EPS, Image or Java2D. I'm
doing fine with the PNG option. I wanted to use SVG for quality but I was not able to. So,
my last option is Java2D.
> You’re likely after only a handful of drawing commands, you could use Java2D’s DebugGraphics
to find out which ones and then it wouldn’t be hard to write an absolutely minimal Graphics
implementation which draws to a PDPageContentStream.

>> >Drawing Graphics on a PDF would have the same quality as a SVG? or using SVG
format is the only way to draw inside a PDF?
> Drawing with a PDPageContentStream gives you vector graphics equivalent in quality to
SVG, EPS, Java2D, etc.