pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Compression Capibility with PDFBox
Date Fri, 13 May 2016 12:01:50 GMT
Am 13.05.2016 um 12:57 schrieb Nishant Mishra:
> Hi Team,
>
> I have started working with the PDFBox recently and i wanted to find out if
> we have any techniques available with it which could help us to compress
> the final pdf output.

It is already compressed (unless you used parameters preventing it). In
theory, one might be able to compress even more (e.g. compressed object
streams), but this would be a lot of work.

It might be possible to compress a little bit when creating a PDF by
enabling XRef streams instead of xref tables.

document.getDocument().setIsXRefStream(true);

don't forget to set the version of the document to 1.5 or higher.

> Could you please let me know if there's any possibility available with
> PDFBox or if you guys are looking to add this enhancement in the near
> future. Any inputs would be really appreciated.

No we don't. There are many other topics that people have requested.

Tilman