pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Weird spacing in words
Date Tue, 31 May 2016 20:44:11 GMT
Looks like a different problem. Assuming you're using the latest
version, you might want to try setting

PDFTextStripper.setSpacingTolerance()

the default is 0.5f

So try some values slightly above or below, i.e. 0.4f, 0.6f, etc.

another one is

setAverageCharTolerance()

the default is 0.3f.

Tilman

Am 31.05.2016 um 22:36 schrieb Augusto Ribeiro Silva:
> Hi,
>
> PDFDebugger shows the following.
>   (The ) Tj
>    22.7679 0 Td
>    (es t) Tj
>    12.2023 0 Td
>    (ab lis) Tj
>    20.7981 0 Td
>    (h m) Tj
>    14.0054 0 Td
>    (ent ) Tj
>    19.1013 0 Td
>    (of ) Tj
>    14.83369 0 Td
>    (an ) Tj
>    16.0359 0 Td
>    (in te gr) Tj
>    25.72701 0 Td
>    (ate) Tj
>    12.80299 0 Td
>    (d ) Tj
>
> I am not sure if it is the same problem. I will try to get permission to upload the document
somewhere tomorrow.

> Best regards,
> Augusto
>
>> On 31 May 2016, at 18:23, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:
>>
>> Please upload the file somewhere. If you've used PDFDebugger before, have a look
here:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-3248
>> and then look at your content stream whether it is the same problem.
>>
>> Tilman
>>
>> Am 31.05.2016 um 15:22 schrieb Augusto Ribeiro Silva:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I am using PDFBox java library to read the content of some PDFs and it seems
like it inserts some weird (hyphen-like) spacing. I get the same result using the PDFBox-App
command line util.

>>> The es tab lish ment of an in te grated Part ner Re la tion ship Man age ment
(PRM) sys tem can po ten tially ad dress sev eral as pets

>>> I tried to extract text from the same PDF using the pdftotext command line utility
it extracts the text correctly:
>>> The establishment of an integrated Partner Relationship Management (PRM) system
can potentially address several aspects

>>> Does somebody have any idea why PDFBox behaves in this way and any tips to fixing
it? I am using TIKA but as I understood TIKA uses PDFBox for PDF processing underneath.