pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Ternes <KTer...@thegeneral.com>
Subject Editing Text again
Date Thu, 28 Apr 2016 17:39:25 GMT
So I have a bunch of source PDFs that I use PDFBox 2.0.0 to fill out and sometimes edit.
Specifically, for certain business cases I remove or update the text "(signed by Named Insured)".
I edit using a method similar to the one over on SourceForge, https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35420609/pdfbox-2-0-rc3-find-and-replace-text

However, if a PDF gets edited by _Acrobat_ and the change is, for example, "(Signed by Named
Insured.)" where the S is capitalized and a period is inserted, the method will no longer
be able to find the target text even if I make the corresponding changes in my method call.

Using PDFDebugger, I see that this:
    0.699 0.676 0.639 0.747 k
    /TT1 8 Tf
    0.539 -10.877 Td
    (\(signed by Named Insured\)) Tj
    0.698 0.675 0.639 0.74 k
    /TT1 9.96 Tf
    -0.87 -27.115 Td

Has been changed to this:
    0.699 0.676 0.639 0.747 k
    /TT1 8 Tf
    0.539 -10.877 Td
    (\() Tj
    /C2_2 8 Tf
    (\0006) Tj
    /TT1 8 Tf
    1 0 0 1 113.02 381.017 Tm
    (igned by Named Insured) Tj
    /C2_2 8 Tf
    87.164 0 Td
    (\000\021) Tj
    /TT1 8 Tf
    (\)) Tj
    0.698 0.675 0.639 0.74 k
    /TT1 9.96 Tf
    -96.573 -27.115 Td
And it is obvious why the method will no longer work.

Has anyone any suggestions on how to programmatically deal with this?
Or is there a setting in Acrobat that I can use to tell it to stop doing this crap?!