pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: is it possible to batch extract text from pdf files within a tree of folders within a zip file ?
Date Sat, 30 Apr 2016 21:24:03 GMT
Am 30.04.2016 um 19:46 schrieb David Green:
> you may gather that i am new to this.
> my original zip files containing pdf files are on my f drive
> I want the unpacked text files saved in an identical directory structure on
> my g drive
> I have tried:
>      java -jar tika-app.X.Y.jar -J -t -i <f:> -o <g:>
> resulted in "syntax error"
> can you please suggest what I'm doing wrong

You're in the wrong mailing list. This is the PDFBox mailing list. While
PDFBox is a part of TIKA and the two projects are kindof "best friends
forever", this doesn't mean that PDFBox users all know how to use TIKA.

However I suspect that you actually used the "<" and ">". The "<" and
">" are there to explain a concept. So your command line would probably be

java -jar tika-app.X.Y.jar -J -t -i f: -o g:

Tilman