pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Copy a page to a new PDDocument
Date Tue, 26 Apr 2016 18:06:33 GMT
Am 26.04.2016 um 15:59 schrieb Simon Gaeremynck:
> Hi,
>
> So far this has happened with any document I’ve tried.
> Here’s the latest one: https://s3.amazonaws.com/ally-dev/files/e.pdf
> I’m running pdfbox 2.0.1.

Thanks. I have opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-3328
.  You can also comment there if you're registered (if the lockdown is
over).

If you're in a hurry, just copy the source code of PDFCloneUtility and
create your own importPage as described in the issue.

Tilman

> The full stack trace:
> Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: COSStream has been closed and cannot
be read. Perhaps its enclosing PDDocument has been closed?
> 	at org.apache.pdfbox.cos.COSStream.checkClosed(COSStream.java:78)
> 	at org.apache.pdfbox.cos.COSStream.createRawInputStream(COSStream.java:126)
> 	at org.apache.pdfbox.pdfwriter.COSWriter.visitFromStream(COSWriter.java:1177)
> 	at org.apache.pdfbox.cos.COSStream.accept(COSStream.java:372)
> 	at org.apache.pdfbox.cos.COSObject.accept(COSObject.java:158)
> 	at org.apache.pdfbox.pdfwriter.COSWriter.doWriteObject(COSWriter.java:561)
> 	at org.apache.pdfbox.pdfwriter.COSWriter.doWriteObjects(COSWriter.java:490)
> 	at org.apache.pdfbox.pdfwriter.COSWriter.doWriteBody(COSWriter.java:474)
> 	at org.apache.pdfbox.pdfwriter.COSWriter.visitFromDocument(COSWriter.java:1073)
> 	at org.apache.pdfbox.cos.COSDocument.accept(COSDocument.java:419)
> 	at org.apache.pdfbox.pdfwriter.COSWriter.write(COSWriter.java:1331)
> 	at org.apache.pdfbox.pdfwriter.COSWriter.write(COSWriter.java:1229)
> 	at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument.save(PDDocument.java:1101)
> 	at org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDDocument.save(PDDocument.java:1073)
>
> Thanks!
> Simon
>
>> On 25 Apr 2016, at 23:40, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:
>>
>> Am 26.04.2016 um 08:08 schrieb Simon Gaeremynck:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I’m trying to copy a page from a PDF and adding it to a new (empty) document
but I’m running into an issue when I close the source PDF file before I save the destination
file.

>>> Here’s a code snippet:
>>>      // Load up some document from which to copy a page
>>>      PDDocument documentA = PDDocument.load(new File("a.pdf"));
>>>
>>>      // Create a new document and import the first page of the a document
>>>      PDDocument newDocument = new PDDocument();
>>>      newDocument.importPage(documentA.getPage(0));
>>>
>>>      // Close the A document as we don't need it any longer
>>>      documentA.close();
>>>
>>>      // Save the new document, this throws:
>>>      // COSStream has been closed and cannot be read. Perhaps its enclosing PDDocument
has been closed?
>>>      // java.io.IOException: COSStream has been closed and cannot be read. Perhaps
its enclosing PDDocument has been closed?
>>>      newDocument.save(new File("new.pdf"));
>>>
>>> I get a similar exception when using the PDFMergerUtility class.
>>>
>>> I need to copy quite a few pages into a single output document and I’d like
to avoid keeping all those source documents open both at the source and in the destination
document.

>>> Any ideas?
>> This shouldn't happen when using importPage, as that one should do a deep copy. Could
you upload a PDF somewhere? (Attachments don't work) Please do also mention what version you
are using