pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Felix Hermann" <feli...@gmx.de>
Subject JBIG2 Images
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2016 14:11:04 GMT
Hello,

we use PDFBox 2.0.0 for converting PDF to images.

We also want to support JBIG2 images. Therefore we would like to use the JBIG2-Image-Decoder,
which is proposed on your website. (See: https://pdfbox.apache.org/2.0/dependencies.html )

On your website it says: "These libraries are optional and will be loaded if present on the
classpath, otherwise support for these image formats will be disable and a warning will be
logged when an unsupported image is encountered."

I downloaded the source code, created a jar-file and put it onto the classpath.

However it didn't work. I'm getting the following error:

[09.03.2016 14:37:59] ERROR org.apache.pdfbox.contentstream.PDFStreamEngine (PDFStreamEngine.java:851)
- Cannot read JBIG2 image: jbig2-imageio is not installed

I also tried 'JBIG2 ImageIO' by 'levigo'. This worked. However we cannot use it, as it is
under the GPL-Licence.

Any help will be appreciated

Regards

Felix