pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Felix Hermann" <feli...@gmx.de>
Subject AW: JBIG2 Images
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2016 09:24:57 GMT

Hello,

thanks for the answers! I work only Monday and Tuesday. Therefore my late answer.

I added the following code to my application. (trying to use JBIG2-Image-Decoder)
        org.jpedal.jbig2.jai.JBIG2ImageReaderSpi imageReaderSpi = new org.jpedal.jbig2.jai.JBIG2ImageReaderSpi();
        System.out.println("test = " + imageReaderSpi.getFormatNames()[0]);
        for (int i = 0; i < readerFormatNames.length; i++) {
            System.out.println("readerFormatName " + i + " = " + readerFormatNames[i]);
        }

It printed on the console:

test = JBIG2
readerFormatName 0 = raw
readerFormatName 1 = tif
readerFormatName 2 = jpeg
readerFormatName 3 = WBMP
readerFormatName 4 = pcx
readerFormatName 5 = PNM
readerFormatName 6 = JPG
readerFormatName 7 = wbmp
readerFormatName 8 = PNG
readerFormatName 9 = JPEG
readerFormatName 10 = jpeg 2000
readerFormatName 11 = tiff
readerFormatName 12 = BMP
readerFormatName 13 = JPEG2000
readerFormatName 14 = RAW
readerFormatName 15 = jpeg2000
readerFormatName 16 = GIF
readerFormatName 17 = TIF
readerFormatName 18 = TIFF
readerFormatName 19 = jpg
readerFormatName 20 = bmp
readerFormatName 21 = PCX
readerFormatName 22 = pnm
readerFormatName 23 = png
readerFormatName 24 = gif
readerFormatName 25 = JPEG 2000

My interpretation: The compiler finds org.jpedal.jbig2.jai.JBIG2ImageReaderSpi. However, it
does not realize, that there is an ImageReader ...

Regards
Felix

> On 10 Mar 2016, at 13:40, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:
>
> Am 10.03.2016 um 22:10 schrieb John Hewson:
>>> On 9 Mar 2016, at 06:11, Felix Hermann <felix_2@gmx.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>  we use PDFBox 2.0.0 for converting PDF to images.
>>>  We also want to support JBIG2 images. Therefore we would like to
>>> use the JBIG2-Image-Decoder, which is proposed on your website. (See: https://pdfbox.apache.org/2.0/dependencies.html[https://pdfbox.apache.org/2.0/dependencies.html]
)  On your website it says: "These libraries are optional and will be loaded if present on
the classpath, otherwise support for these image formats will be disable and a warning will
be logged when an unsupported image is encountered."
>>>  I downloaded the source code, created a jar-file and put it onto the classpath.
>>>  However it didn't work. I'm getting the following error:
>>>  [09.03.2016 14:37:59] ERROR
>>> org.apache.pdfbox.contentstream.PDFStreamEngine (PDFStreamEngine.java:851) -
Cannot read JBIG2 image: jbig2-imageio is not installed  I also tried 'JBIG2 ImageIO' by
'levigo'. This worked. However we cannot use it, as it is under the GPL-Licence.
>> That’s interesting, could you add some code to your application to dump the value
of:

>> ImageIO.getReaderFormatNames()
>>
>> Make sure you do this in the problem code, with the appropriate classpath. Let me
know the result.

> If I understood him correctly, it is a license problem, not a rendering problem.

My understanding was that the problem is that PDFBox can’t find "JBIG2-Image-Decoder”,
even when it’s on the class path, but that  "JBIG2 ImageIO” has no such problem.

— John