pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Stahle, Patrick" <patrick.sta...@te.com>
Subject RE: Strange "Save As" issue with Adobe Reader 11 / DC with PDF being encrypted by PDFBox 2 snapshot
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 20:02:30 GMT
Hi Tillman,

Oh, fun.... The joy of working a corporation with a proxy server.... I can't get to that site....

I guess from the corrupt end of things I am supposed to use MoveIt... We get to this tomorrow....

Thanks,
Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:THausherr@t-online.de]
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2016 3:48 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: Strange "Save As" issue with Adobe Reader 11 / DC with PDF being encrypted by
PDFBox 2 snapshot

Am 16.03.2016 um 20:44 schrieb Stahle, Patrick:
> Where would you suggest I upload a sample file too? I will try reopening it in pdfbox
in a moment.

I've used filedropper.com but always be careful that such sites don't ask you to register
or to install the downloader.

Tilman

content using Anark. The file when loaded seems to have encrypted and loads just find in Adobe
Reader, but when we try to do a "Save As" we get the following error:
>> "The document could not be saved. There was a problem reading this document 21."
>>
>> If I do a control click on the "ok" button. I get the following message:
>> "This direct object already has a container."
>>
>> Any ideas what might be causing this problem? We have tried the same thing with iText
and it does not experience this problem.

>> Sample Code that reproduces the problem:
>>                                   PDDocument doc = null;
>>
>>                                   try {
>>                                                   doc = PDDocument.load(pdfIn);
>>                                                   PDPage page = null;
>>                                                   AccessPermission apermission =
new AccessPermission();
>>                                                   apermission.setCanAssembleDocument(false);
>>                                                   apermission.setCanExtractContent(false);
>>                                                   apermission.setCanExtractForAccessibility(true);
>>                                                   apermission.setCanFillInForm(true);
>>                                                   apermission.setCanModifyAnnotations(true);
>>                                                   apermission.setCanPrint(true);
>>                                                   apermission.setReadOnly();
>>                                                   StandardProtectionPolicy spp =
new StandardProtectionPolicy(UUID.randomUUID().toString(), "", apermission);
>>                                                   doc.protect(spp);
>>
>>                                                   for (int i = 0; i < doc.getNumberOfPages();
i++) {
>>                                                                   page = doc.getPage(i);
>>                                                                   PDPageContentStream
canvas = new PDPageContentStream(doc, page, PDPageContentStream.AppendMode.APPEND, true, true);