pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: How to bind distinct OnValues for checkbox group?
Date Sat, 26 Mar 2016 11:57:56 GMT
Hi,

is it possible to share the PDF?

BR
Maruan

> Am 25.03.2016 um 19:02 schrieb Wojack, Robert (USTP) <Robert.Wojack@usdoj.gov>:
>
> They are two distinct checkboxes within a radio collection. The problem is they both
have their onValue set to "On". I need to set the onValue for one of them to something else
("Off").

> Your code has given me some ideas, but so far, I haven't been able to adequately solve
it.

> Thanks,
>
> Bob

PDAppearanceEntry normalAppearance = apDictionary.getNormalAppearance();

> // to get the current values
> Map<String,PDAppearanceStream> appearanceMap = apDictionary.getNormalAppearance();
>
> // to set the values
> apDictionary.setNormalAppearance(Map<String,PDAppearanceStream>);
>

> Haven't tested that code but should give you an idea.
>
> BR
> Maruan
>

>> Am 23.03.2016 um 16:51 schrieb Wojack, Robert (USTP) <Robert.Wojack@usdoj.gov>:
>>
>> We have a client that provides us with interactive PDF forms for our app to populate
fields with user data. The problem is the client sometimes provides us forms with typos and
mistakes and is not responsive about fixing them.

>> In this case, we are given an interactive PDF form that has a pair of Yes/No checkboxes.
Unfortunately, when creating the PDF, the client bound both checkboxes to the same "On" value.
As a result, when a user checks a box, both of them get checked (additionally, when a user
unchecks a box, they both become unchecked).

>> I can use PDFBox to open the file, find the PDCheckbox object in question and list
their On and Off values, but I can't figure out how to update the bindings to distinct values.
Is it possible to do this in PDFBox? If so, can someone please provide some guidance?