pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Encrypted PDF form document without password to open file
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2016 09:16:53 GMT
Hi,

> Am 11.03.2016 um 09:44 schrieb Piotr Kulbicki <pkulbicki@gmail.com>:
>
> Hello Again.
> I decrypt file with pdfbox-app.jar - with simple command decrypt without
> password
> Here are links to files:
> - original file (encrypted with 128, without password to read):
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsplyuqm8tej5g9/pdf_encrypted.pdf?dl=0
> - decrypted file:
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/dxq79rto7cuuikj/pdf_decrypted.pdf?dl=0
>
> I work with version 2.0.0-RC3.
> I tried to read data by AcroForm.getXFA() and AcroForm.getFields();.
> With getFields I got empty list, with getXFA I got data but not filled in
> form.

that means that you have very likely a dynamic XFA based form. With that there are no 'regular'
fields but the fields are contained in the XFA. If the form is filled the xfa.dataset.data
node will contain the field data.

As Tilman asked please upload your file to a public location to have a closer look if there
are still remaining questions.

BR
Maruan