pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Al Grant <bigal...@gmail.com>
Subject Data from PDF - > MS Access
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2016 03:23:32 GMT
Hi All

This might be slightly OT - but the list was so helpful in the past...

I have a database in MS Access and a standalone Java applet that imports
data from a PDF form and scrapes data from the PDF form into corresponding
fields in the Access Database. (Thanks to the list for help on this!)

A report from this Access database then goes out via email to a handful of
people in other companies and they need a way to provide feedback into the
database.

The question is how to achieve this feedback?

It is difficult because the I am working within a number of constraints:

1. We are all working behind large corporate firewalls;
2. I have Office 2007 installed;
3. Our shared mailboxes are accessed only via a web interface (not OWA - I
think Lotus)

Getting ports on firewall, vpns etc is not an option, nor are cloud
services like Dropbox or Amazon, so I think I am stuck with email as the
transport medium.

Solutions?

Cheers

-AL