pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tres Finocchiaro <tres.finocchi...@gmail.com>
Subject Scaled and rasterized, undesired margins
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 16:08:53 GMT
The code says it all...

To summarize: If we SCALE_TO_FIT and provide custom margins, we get very
strange output.

Before filing a bug, I wanted to make sure we're using the library
correctly.

https://gist.github.com/tresf/e6220b0880974df61ee41861c9e7193c

    PDDocument pdf = PDDocument.load(new URL(args[0]).openStream());
    PrinterJob job = PrinterJob.getPrinterJob();

    Paper paper = new Paper();
    paper.setSize(612, 792); //8.5 x 11 in
    paper.setImageableArea(72, 72, 468, 648); //1 inch margins

    PageFormat page = job.getPageFormat(null);
    page.setPaper(paper);

    //Vector print - works as expected, margins applied and scaled properly
    job.setPrintable(new PDFPrintable(pdf, Scaling.SCALE_TO_FIT,
false, 0, false), page);
    job.print();

    //Unscaled raster print - works as expected, margins applied and
document cut off
    job.setPrintable(new PDFPrintable(pdf, Scaling.ACTUAL_SIZE, false,
72, false), page);
    job.print();

    //Scaled raster print - unexpected results, same scale as vector
print, but same cut off as unscaled raster print
    job.setPrintable(new PDFPrintable(pdf, Scaling.SCALE_TO_FIT,
false, 72, false), page);
    job.print();

    pdf.close();
}