pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tiruppathi Rajan G <traj...@gmail.com>
Subject Issues while writing Chinese content using contentStream.drawString
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2016 20:35:06 GMT
Hi,

Can anyone help me to write Chinese content into a PDF using PDFBox API?

I am referring to the suggestions mentioned in the JIRA

Kindly go through my comments (copy pasted again here) and advise on the
next steps;

Hi,

I am unable to write Chinese content into a PDF using your attached
EmbeddedFonts.java. Later I found way to fix it by feeding in the
"arialuni.ttf" instead of LiberationSans-Regular.ttf in your example. I had
confirmed the Chinese PDF generation by writing a hardcoded Chinese data in
my example. Later I had extended this piece of logic to write the desired
PDF in my application but got into "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
U+008A is not available in this font's encoding: WinAnsiEncoding". Please
advise.

1. From my application, i call an external Webservice and that returns the
Chinese + English content in response as a String,
2. I read this response string using UTF-8 as the Charset and unmarshal it
to Java bean using JAXRB.
3. To the contentStream.drawString() i passed the string calling the getter
method on the pojo which has Chinese data stored in a String variable. This
is where i am getting the above exception. Please help me to fix this.

I am using PDFBox version 2.0.0.-RC3. Your help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Tiru

Regards,
Tiru