pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Joel Hirsh <joelehi...@gmail.com>
Subject Spacing problem with this pdf file
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 15:24:43 GMT
I have a couple of PDF files that have this problem.  These are multi-page
PDF files, and on one page (the first) there are a few lines that get extra
spaces between almost every character as seen from PrintTextLocations.

Attached is a snippet from one of those files, the first line has the
problem, the second line does not.

In this file, the first line gets a string that is
0 3- 09               3 ,4 1 1. 6 9        EL E CT R ON I C  D EP O SI T
      F DM S -S E TT L EM E NT    D E PO S IT       37 6 24 9 46 2 99 9

While the second line gets the text without any extra spaces.

The two lines also have different spacing values as reported by
PrintTextLocations.  In the full file, all the good lines have one value,
the bad lines a different value.

I cannot see any difference between the lines in Acrobat, doing copy/paste,
Nitro editing.

This problem shows up in 2.0.0 and the latest 2.0.1 snapshot, and some
older versions I tried as well (i.e. I don't think it is any kind of
regression)

Thanks