pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Hannes Erven <han...@erven.at>
Subject Re: A way to choose papertray on the printer (like WordMLs paperTray tag)
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2016 22:08:14 GMT
Hi Magnus,

while I cannot conment on whether there's something PDFbox could do, I'd like to suggest an
alternative solution:

Setup up multiple "printers", all pointing to the same real printer, but with different default
settings.
So you'd end up with "printer42_bluetray", "printer42_redtray" and so on, which can be easily
refered to when queuing the actual print job.
This even works on shared network printers, just set the desired tray settings on the server.

I've done this on windows, but I guess the trick would work on any operating system.

Best regards,

-hannes