pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From John Hewson <j...@jahewson.com>
Subject Re: JBIG2 Images
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2016 21:10:42 GMT

which is proposed on your website. (See: https://pdfbox.apache.org/2.0/dependencies.html )

> On your website it says: "These libraries are optional and will be loaded if present
on the classpath, otherwise support for these image formats will be disable and a warning
will be logged when an unsupported image is encountered."

> I downloaded the source code, created a jar-file and put it onto the classpath.
>
> However it didn't work. I'm getting the following error:
>
> [09.03.2016 14:37:59] ERROR org.apache.pdfbox.contentstream.PDFStreamEngine (PDFStreamEngine.java:851)
- Cannot read JBIG2 image: jbig2-imageio is not installed

> I also tried 'JBIG2 ImageIO' by 'levigo'. This worked. However we cannot use it, as it
is under the GPL-Licence.

That’s interesting, could you add some code to your application to dump the value of:

ImageIO.getReaderFormatNames()

Make sure you do this in the problem code, with the appropriate classpath. Let me know the
result.

— John