pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Ternes <KTer...@thegeneral.com>
Subject RE: How to manipulate a pdf object
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 18:46:13 GMT

Any suggestions appreciated.

-----Original Message-----
From: Maruan Sahyoun [mailto:sahyoun@fileaffairs.de]
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2016 1:06 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to manipulate a pdf object

Hi,

> Am 29.03.2016 um 19:54 schrieb Kevin Ternes <KTernes@thegeneral.com>:
>
> I have successfully updated form widgets on pre-existing PDFs.
> But what about ordinary non-form objects like a box of text?  I can add NEW objects to
the PDPageContentStream.
> But how do I even get a reference to an existing object?

What is it that you are trying to achieve? You can parse an existing content stream and look
for individual tokens. But there is no guarantee that, what your are calling a box of text,
is treated like that in the PDF as there is no such concept. E.g. individual lines, word,
characters forming a word ... could be placed individually in different operations. It even
might not be text but a vector or bitmap image. Your best bet is to look into the content
using the PDFDebugger and see if you can identify the parts you are looking for.

Maybe you can elaborate a little more on your use case.

BR
Maruan