pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: JBIG2 Images
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2016 17:38:09 GMT
Am 14.03.2016 um 13:00 schrieb Felix Hermann:
> Hello,
>
> do you know a fast way to determine whether there are JBIG2-Images in a PDF document?

Search for /JBIG2Decode in the file.

Tilman

> I want my program switch to another PDF-Tool in this case.
>
> Regards
>
> Felix
>

> Gesendet: Montag, 14. März 2016 um 10:38 Uhr
> Von: "Felix Hermann" <felix_2@gmx.de>
> An: users@pdfbox.apache.org
> Betreff: AW: JBIG2 Images
> Hello,
>
> thanks for your advice.
>
> Another point: It seems that levigo is not thread-safe. When I used it with 5 threads,
all five threads were blocked after about one hour. All threads were locked in HashMap.getEntry()
(after calling a class of levigo).

> Regards
> Felix

on the classpath, otherwise support for these image formats will be disable and a warning
will be logged when an unsupported image is encountered."

>> I downloaded the source code, created a jar-file and put it onto the classpath.
>>
>> However it didn't work. I'm getting the following error:
>>
>> [09.03.2016 14:37:59] ERROR
>> org.apache.pdfbox.contentstream.PDFStreamEngine
>> (PDFStreamEngine.java:851) - Cannot read JBIG2 image: jbig2-imageio is
>> not installed
>>
>> I also tried 'JBIG2 ImageIO' by 'levigo'. This worked. However we cannot use it,
as it is under the GPL-Licence.

> That is the reason why we don't distribute the levigo software.
>
> Solutions for you:
> - Distribute your software without it and have your users download it
> - Write your own decoder (you could take the one in PDF.js and write it in java, it is
Apache licensed)