pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Anna Taracha <anna.tara...@avaintec.com>
Subject Re: Overlaying PDFs > 1.4 fails & Hyperlinks are not clickable in overlays
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2016 18:39:09 GMT
Hello!

You can find the original PDF file and the overlay PDF file here:

http://www.elisanet.fi/jakorasia/ANNA/doc.pdf (original PDF)
http://www.elisanet.fi/jakorasia/ANNA/wm.pdf (overlay file)

They both have XRef streams and do not have parameter errors (according
to 3-Heights™ PDF Validator Online Tool). They are based on version 1.5.
The result file has parameter error so something strange happens during
overlaying. As all the files are based on version 1.5, they should be
allowed to have XRef streams which was introduced in version 1.5.
Preflight can validate only PDF/A-1b which is based on version 1.4 so I
can't use it to validate PDFs 1.5 fully.

However, your suggested code did the trick and now my PDF files are
valid. I guess there is something wrong with XRef stream after
overlaying. I will use your code as a workaround for now, so thank you
for it :)

Yes, I was asking, if clickable hyperlinks in overlays will be possible
in a future release (you would create a similar feature that I did)? I
am just curious, if it is something that will/could be considered.

-anna-