pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: PDF Encryption with AES-128 using PDFBox 1.8.2
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2016 17:27:35 GMT
Am 10.03.2016 um 15:46 schrieb Camilo Morales Hoyos:
> Hi All,
>
> I need to encrypt a PDF file using AES-128, however is not implemented in 1.8.2.
> Is there anyway that I could use AES-128 with that version of PDFBox ?

No

> Version 2.0 is not yet released so I can not use because will not be acceptable by the
customer.

2.0 does not support encrypting to AES-128 out of the box, it encrypts
to RC4-128 or to AES-256. However it is prepared for AES-128, only one
line of source code must be changed to make it the default for 128 bit
keys. Of course, we would then get lots of requests to encrypt to
RC4-128 (some people like weak encryption). So after the release of 2.0
a change should be made to configure whether AES or RC4 is used for 128
bits.

Tilman