pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Overlaying PDFs > 1.4 fails & Hyperlinks are not clickable in overlays
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2016 20:22:54 GMT
Am 09.03.2016 um 16:47 schrieb Anna Taracha:
> Result of PDFBox 2.0.0-RC3:
>
> http://www.elisanet.fi/jakorasia/ANNA/result-PDFBox2.pdf
>
> Result of PDFBox 1.8.11:
>
> http://www.elisanet.fi/jakorasia/ANNA/result-PDFBox18.pdf

Here's what I get with PDF-Tools:

1.8:
Validating file "result-PDFBox18.pdf" for conformance level pdfa-1b
dc:language :: Wrong value type. Expected type 'bag'.
dc:date :: Wrong value type. Expected type 'seq'.
The required XMP property 'pdfaid:part' is missing.
The required XMP property 'pdfaid:conformance' is missing.
A device-specific color space (DeviceGray) without an appropriate output
intent is used.
The document does not conform to the requested standard.
The document contains device-specific color spaces.
The document's meta data is either missing or inconsistent or corrupt.
Done.

2:
Validating file "result-PDFBox2.pdf" for conformance level pdfa-1b
The file contains cross reference streams. <=====================
The file trailer dictionary is missing or invalid. <=================
dc:language :: Wrong value type. Expected type 'bag'.
dc:date :: Wrong value type. Expected type 'seq'.
The required XMP property 'pdfaid:part' is missing.
The required XMP property 'pdfaid:conformance' is missing.
A device-specific color space (DeviceGray) without an appropriate output
intent is used.
The document does not conform to the requested standard.
The file format (header, trailer, objects, xref, streams) is corrupted.
The document contains device-specific color spaces.
The document's meta data is either missing or inconsistent or corrupt.
Done.

preflight has a similar error for 2.0 only:
1.4 : Trailer Syntax error, /XRef cross reference streams are not allowed

Please try this before saving:

         doc.getDocument().setIsXRefStream(false);
         COSDictionary trailer = doc.getDocument().getTrailer();
         trailer.removeItem(COSName.W);
         trailer.removeItem(COSName.DECODE_PARMS);
         trailer.removeItem(COSName.FILTER);
         trailer.removeItem(COSName.TYPE);
         trailer.removeItem(COSName.INDEX);
         trailer.removeItem(COSName.LENGTH);

About your other question - it is unclear. Are you asking whether
Overlay will be available in the future? Or do you want us to create a
feature like the one you did on your own?

Tilman