pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: drawing images with rotation PDFBox 2.0
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 17:24:10 GMT
rotation is around the lower left axis. That is why I wrote a few days
ago: "90° rotated in clock direction would be you'd have to adjust the Y
value, i.e. add the width to it."

Additionally, the parameter of rotate() is in radians, not in degrees.
Use Math.toRadians().

Tilman

Am 07.03.2016 um 16:17 schrieb Stahle, Patrick:
> Hi,
>
> With the following code:
> 	Matrix matrix = new Matrix();
> 	matrix.rotate(45);
> 	canvas.saveGraphicsState();
> 	canvas.transform(matrix);
> 	canvas.drawImage(ximage, rect.getLowerLeftX(), rect.getLowerLeftY(), rect.getWidth(),
rect.getHeight());
> 	System.out.println("rect=" + rect + ", page mediabox=" + page.getMediaBox());
> 	canvas.restoreGraphicsState();
>
> System out:
> rect=[485.01,52.8,581.4,89.214], page mediabox=[0.0,0.0,612.0,792.0]
>
> I would expect my image to show up in the lower right hand corner, but I am seeing about
mid way down on the left hand side. Is the x, y position not starting form the bottom left?

> Thanks,
> Patrick

position is correct, but I have to look at that a bit more...
> Seems like I have to first rotate & transform and then use the drawImage and pass
a width & height to scale it.

> 	Matrix matrix = new Matrix();
> 	matrix.rotate(45);
> 	canvas.saveGraphicsState();
> 	canvas.transform(matrix);
> 	canvas.drawImage(ximage, rect.getLowerLeftX(), rect.getLowerLeftY(), rect.getWidth(),
rect.getHeight());
> 	canvas.restoreGraphicsState();

Matrix(at));" the first image does not draw or draws where I can't see it. I must still be
missing something?

>> 	AffineTransform at = new AffineTransform(rect.getWidth(), 0, 0,
>> rect.getHeight(), 0, 0);
> Don't use the line above! Just create a pure rotation matrix.
>
>> 	PDPageContentStream canvas = new PDPageContentStream(document, page, PDPageContentStream.AppendMode.APPEND,
true, true);
>> 	at.rotate(Math.toRadians(0));
>> 	canvas.saveGraphicsState();
>> 	//canvas.transform(new Matrix(at));
>> 	canvas.drawImage(ximage, 100 /*rect.getLowerLeftX()*/, 100 /*rect.getLowerLeftY()*/);
>> 	canvas.restoreGraphicsState();
>>
>> 	canvas.saveGraphicsState();
>> 	AffineTransform at2 = new AffineTransform(rect.getWidth(), 0, 0,
>> rect.getHeight(), rect.getLowerLeftX(), rect.getLowerLeftY());
> That line above too, don't use  it.
>
> Tilman
>

>> 	at.rotate(Math.toRadians(0));
>> 	canvas.drawXObject(ximage, at2);
>> 	canvas.restoreGraphicsState();
>> 	canvas.close();

/ position of the image non rotated stays exactly the same but the contents are rotated and
squished. I can send you a couple pdfs showing what I mean (direct email?). And maybe that
is how it is supposed to work, but I would of expected the image to look exactly the same
just rotated. In case of 90 degrees, like the example above, I would of expect simply the
width to become the height and the height to become the width.

image but keeps the original boxed rectangle size which in this case squishing the image.
Is this expected behavior, and if so is there way for an image to rotate and keep the sizing?
I kind of hoped it work the same way as rotating text...
>>> Sorry I don't understand you... why should it not keep the size?

deprecated and the source says to use drawImage instead. However I was not able to find a
drawImage method that takes AffineTransform. What is the recommended way to do this in 2.0
going forward?