pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Stahle, Patrick" <patrick.sta...@te.com>
Subject RE: drawing images with rotation PDFBox 2.0
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2016 13:05:10 GMT
I don't know how to do the rotation without AffineTransform, do you have a suggestion for at.rotate
method call?

-----Original Message-----
From: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:THausherr@t-online.de]
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2016 3:51 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: drawing images with rotation PDFBox 2.0

Am 04.03.2016 um 21:27 schrieb Stahle, Patrick:
>  From the code below both images draw, but as soon as I uncomment out " canvas.transform(new
Matrix(at));" the first image does not draw or draws where I can't see it. I must still be
missing something?

> 	AffineTransform at = new AffineTransform(rect.getWidth(), 0, 0,
> rect.getHeight(), 0, 0);

Don't use the line above! Just create a pure rotation matrix.

> 	PDPageContentStream canvas = new PDPageContentStream(document, page, PDPageContentStream.AppendMode.APPEND,
true, true);
> 	at.rotate(Math.toRadians(0));
> 	canvas.saveGraphicsState();
> 	//canvas.transform(new Matrix(at));
> 	canvas.drawImage(ximage, 100 /*rect.getLowerLeftX()*/, 100 /*rect.getLowerLeftY()*/);
> 	canvas.restoreGraphicsState();
>
> 	canvas.saveGraphicsState();
> 	AffineTransform at2 = new AffineTransform(rect.getWidth(), 0, 0,
> rect.getHeight(), rect.getLowerLeftX(), rect.getLowerLeftY());

That line above too, don't use  it.

Tilman

> 	at.rotate(Math.toRadians(0));
> 	canvas.drawXObject(ximage, at2);
> 	canvas.restoreGraphicsState();
> 	canvas.close();

/ position of the image non rotated stays exactly the same but the contents are rotated and
squished. I can send you a couple pdfs showing what I mean (direct email?). And maybe that
is how it is supposed to work, but I would of expected the image to look exactly the same
just rotated. In case of 90 degrees, like the example above, I would of expect simply the
width to become the height and the height to become the width.

but keeps the original boxed rectangle size which in this case squishing the image. Is this
expected behavior, and if so is there way for an image to rotate and keep the sizing? I kind
of hoped it work the same way as rotating text...
>> Sorry I don't understand you... why should it not keep the size?
>>
>>> Also on a PDFBox 2.0 note, the "PDPageContentStream  -> drawXObject' is deprecated
and the source says to use drawImage instead. However I was not able to find a drawImage method
that takes AffineTransform. What is the recommended way to do this in 2.0 going forward?