pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Wojack, Robert (USTP)" <Robert.Woj...@usdoj.gov>
Subject How to bind distinct OnValues for checkbox group?
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 15:51:58 GMT
We have a client that provides us with interactive PDF forms for our app to populate fields
with user data. The problem is the client sometimes provides us forms with typos and mistakes
and is not responsive about fixing them.

In this case, we are given an interactive PDF form that has a pair of Yes/No checkboxes. Unfortunately,
when creating the PDF, the client bound both checkboxes to the same "On" value. As a result,
when a user checks a box, both of them get checked (additionally, when a user unchecks a box,
they both become unchecked).

I can use PDFBox to open the file, find the PDCheckbox object in question and list their On
and Off values, but I can't figure out how to update the bindings to distinct values. Is it
possible to do this in PDFBox? If so, can someone please provide some guidance?

We are using PDFBox 1.8.8. We are not positioned to upgrade to 2.0.0.

Thanks

Bob Wojack
CSRA International, Inc.
Onsite Contractor for the Department of Justice
Senior Tech Lead
US Trustee Program
Onsite Email Address:     Robert.Wojack@usdoj.gov<mailto:Robert.Wojack@usdoj.gov>
Onsite Phone Number:    TBD
Cell#:                              (301)910-9975